In the fast-moving, challenging and dynamic energy sector, we have the skills to support energy companies through offering practical and innovative solutions, which enable our clients to meet their ambitions to achieve sustainable growth and success.
Our clients range from entrepreneurial new entrants and joint ventures to established independents, vertically integrated utilities, financial institutions, governments and world-wide energy giants. We act for all parties, including developers, banks, equity investors, contractors and suppliers.
Our specialist team of experts advises clients on all aspects of renewable energy projects including project finance, commercial, construction, corporate, environmental, health & safety, planning and property law. This includes advice on planning issues, leases and title issues, construction/supply chain contracts, grid connection arrangements, power purchase, FIT and ROC agreements; and finance and related security documents.
Team members regularly assist clients with a full range of issues affecting deals, projects and disputes relating to:
- Upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas
- Conventional and renewable electricity generation
- The energy service sector
- Energy infrastructure, including transmission, transportation and distribution of oil, gas and electricity
- Energy trading and cost-of-service rate making
- Negotiation of energy purchase agreements and related hedging arrangements
- Electricity, gas and water utilities on supply arrangements
- Siting, consenting, licensing and permitting
- Energy related patents and IP protection.
The team is committed to service excellence and the delivery of commercially relevant results and outcomes. Whatever your project, we use our knowledge to save you time and money and to reduce risk. Our experience, coupled with a commitment to the sector, ensures that the team not only keeps at the forefront of developments in the field, but also actively explores new solutions and opportunities for clients.
Have A Question? Need Some Help?
If you would like to find out more about our International Practice or have any questions, please call us to arrange an appointment during our office hours. We welcome you to join us for a coffee and get to know us better. Alternatively, if you are outside of this jurisdiction, please feel free to contact us by completing the online contact form here.